Memphis area employers and their employees have a great opportunity this month to get involved in support of Food Day: a national campaign for healthy, affordable, and sustainable food.
Food Day is October 24th and employers are encouraged to get their companies involved! Food Day aims to help American's eat real. This means choosing fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and sustainably raised protein over sugar drinks, packaged foods and factory-farmed meats.This can be achieved at your own workplace by these Food Day celebration ideas:
- Schedule a healthy cooking demonstration
- Host a healthy potluck lunch
- Kick off a weight loss campaign
- Post a Food Day article in your company newsletter
- Car pool to a local farmers market at lunch hour
- Find a Food Day event in your area and encourage employees to join in
However you decide to participate, remember the most important ingredient to Food Day is YOU!
Click here to find out more about Food Day and ways to get involved!